Sun, Dec 4
Assistant Retail Manager – Simon Pearce
The Assistant Retail Manager is responsible for supporting the Area Retail Manager or Store Manager in all aspects of day-to-day store operations and achieving sales and profitability objectives. The Assistant Manager leads by example, providing training, on-floor coaching, and direction to the retail team. The Assistant Manager will communicate information, offer support, provide delegation of tasks, and follow up to achieve directed expectations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate sales leadership by setting an example on the sales floor
- Continuously coach, lead, and develop retail team on sales, customer service, daily tasks, and product knowledge
- Ensure team provides an exceptional customer experience to achieve our customer service standards
- Ensure store standards are met and maintained, ie visuals, signage, cleanliness, etc
- Maintain accurate inventory management
- Build relationships with clients to achieve sales goals and expand brand awareness of the Simon Pearce story
- Continuously prospect and develop new relationships and connections in order to drive business
- Partner with the Manager, Area Manager and HR to recruit, interview and select qualified candidates
- Assist Manager in assessing associate performance and provide feedback: ongoing and during annual performance review process
- Prioritize, plan, and adjust schedules and daily agenda to meet business goals
- Exemplify and ensure associates comply with all company policies and procedures
- Supports building the Simon Pearce brand within the community
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or the equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience, preferably management experience
- Flexibility to work retail hours, including weekends and holidays
- Excellent computer skills including, but not limited to the use of Microsoft Excel and Point of Sales (POS) system
- Effective organization and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Motivated and the ability to motivate others
- Results driven
- Ability to understand customers needs, and ask questions to expedite the handling of all requests
- Ability to work with minimal amount of supervision
- Bachelors degree in retail, marketing, business or related field
- Google Suite knowledge
Success Factors/Job Competencies:
Analytical, Communication Skills, Creativity, Decision Making, Flexibility, Detail-oriented, Initiative, Judgment, Leadership, Persuasive, Customer Service, Time Management
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Simon Pearce makes a reasonable attempt to accommodate employee requests for particular work schedules. As a condition of employment, however, the Assistant Retail Manager must be willing and able to work weekends, evenings and/or varied day shifts. We cannot guarantee particular schedules or a minimum or maximum number of hours for any employee. In addition, schedules are subject to change, based on staffing and operating requirements of the business. The only exception to this policy is if an employee is unable to work certain hours due to bona fide medical or religious reasons. Simon Pearce will attempt to make reasonable accommodation for those individuals unless such would cause the Company undue economic or operational hardship.
- Retail + Information Technology Associates are required to show proof of vaccination within 30 days. Requests for exemptions to any COVID-19 vaccination requirement will be reviewed and may be approved for supported medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
- Travel may be required infrequently
Simon Pearce is committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity and to provide all employees with the work environment necessary to enable them to advance on merit as far as their talents and skills will take them, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, status as a protected class of veteran, or any other legally protected status.Apply Now