Sat, Dec 11
Chef Dave’s – Full Time Restaurant Manager
Chef Dave’s is a new concept by an executive private chef, David Welch, opening Winter 2021 at The Street in Chestnut Hill. With a lifelong love of procuring the freshest and finest quality local ingredients to create some of the most tasteful and artful plates imaginable, Welch is very excited to bring his cooking philosophy to his first-ever restaurant concept. We are looking for incredible talent to build a solid team to ensure our operational success! The Restaurant Manager position will work directly with owners to open a new restaurant and oversee daily operations. Applicants should be passionate about the hospitality industry, multitask, and have an outgoing, upbeat personality.
- Monitors and coordinates the day-to-day operations during each shift and ensures all FOH and BOH are fully executed.
- Is visible, hands on, and ensures a strong personal presence in FOH and BOH areas. Whenever needed, takes an active part in guest’s service duties (welcoming guests, escorting guests to tables, taking guest’s orders, clearing tables, etc.);
- Effectively forecasts restaurant’s needs.
- Oversees preparation of food and beverage items.
- Ensures restaurant is adequately staffed with properly trained associates to cover day to day operations as well as on special occasions, private events, restaurant buy-outs.
- Ensures a spotless service is delivered to all guests anytime, and that their needs and expectations are fulfilled to the highest level and down to the smallest details.
- Ensures guests orderings are always properly executed and delivered in a timely manner.
- Takes part in the restaurant menu design process and printing.
- Ensure unit restaurant is well maintained and that all equipment, materials, and utensils are always in perfect working conditions. Arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment and other services. Reports any defect to the general manager.
- Oversee catering and delivery managers as applicable
- Makes sure each and every guest is given a warm welcome and a fond farewell.
- Meets and greets guests, builds strong guest relationships, constantly inquirers about guest’s satisfaction.
- Constantly updates guest’s database and maintains it as an effective marketing and PR tool.
- Empowers team to resolve guest concerns in a timely manner to their full satisfaction. Resolves any guest issue that could be not be handled by his/her direct reports.
- Learns from defects and incidents and implement resolutions to ensure they do not happen again. Makes sure guest issues are recorded.
- Monitors guest’s comments on social media (Facebook, Trip Advisor, etc.) and gives appropriate feedback
Employee management, engagement & training
- Always manages/leads by example. Takes accountability for problems
- Delegates and follows-up effectively.
- Energizes our mission statement and core values among the team.
- Makes sure all associates are perfectly groomed and always behave according to our codes of practice, image, and core values.
- Provides overall leadership; recognize and motivate members of the team; coach and train the team for operational excellence, with priority focus on upselling and service standards.
- Takes part in designing, budgeting and in rolling out on-going training programs for the team.
- Schedules periodic food and beverage service staff meetings to ensure correct interpretation of policies and obtain feedback from staff members.
- Takes part in the hiring and the firing process of all the associates.
- Takes part in the orientation process of all the new associates.
- Takes part in the annual performance assessment process of all his/her associates and in the setting of annual goals for his/her direct reports.
- Takes part in updating job descriptions for all positions or in creating new job descriptions for new positions whenever needed.
Meetings & Communication
- Attends weekly management meetings.
- Attends monthly meetings restaurant group meeting.
- Reports immediately on any major product defect or any major guest issue and takes all necessary corrective actions.
- Ensures a smooth communication with all direct reports and other Restaurants/Units GM’s
- Identifies and evaluates competitors.
- Keeps current with trends in the restaurant industry.
· Strong customer service skills.
· leadership skills.
· the ability to motivate and manage staff.
· the ability to work well with others.
· the ability to accept feedback and work well under pressure.
· business management skills.
· patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
· knowledge of food production methods.
· work flexible hours
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dining restaurant
- Fine dining restaurant
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location