Sat, Oct 23
Davio’s – Line Cooks
Job Title: Line Cook
Reports to: Executive Chef & Sous Chefs
F L S A Status: Non-exempt
To apply: Applications must be filled out in person. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org directly to fill out an application.
Responsible for preparing, cooking and/or plating of menu items to order in a professional and friendly manner according to restaurant guidelines and standards.
- Accurately prepares all food items to Davio’s standards and specifications during work shift according to written food orders.
2. Safely handles, prepares, slices and butchers meat, chicken, fish, cheese, produce and other food products.
- Uses preparatory utensils safely and appropriately such as knives, pans and slicers on a regular basis.
- Uses fryers, electric choppers, mixers, blenders, graters and other preparatory utensils safely and appropriately.
- Effectively communicates with Servers in a professional manner regarding guest orders.
- Promptly orders all essential food and other related items for the operational flow of the restaurant as needed.
- Follows portion and quality control guidelines and standards of the menu.
- Ensures all leftover/unused food products are stored/restocked (which includes rotation and labeling of food with dates) or disposed of properly.
9. Examines labels and stores incoming food supplies in storage and refrigeration areas appropriately and in accordance with health and safety guidelines.
- Ensures kitchen appliances and equipment have been well-cleaned (which includes the refrigerator where line food is stored), and as required, turned off at the end of each work day per restaurant’s opening and closing procedures.
- Effectively maintains work areas in a sanitized and orderly manner in compliance with state and local health and safety regulations.
- Maintains food product inventory and promptly notifies the Supervisor of any shortages or waste/spoilage.
- Reports any health and/or safety concerns/violations immediately to the supervisor.
- Promptly and effectively carries out duties and responsibilities as designated by the Chef or appropriate Manager in his/her absence.
- Applies working knowledge of all menu items found in the kitchen in the preparation, production and presentation of food products.
- Accurately identifies products, both raw and prepared in accordance with health and safety rules.
- Must be knowledgeable and cross-trained in all kitchen stations to assist, as needed.
- Accurately records time worked including the review and verification of “punched” time record and is responsible to complete the payroll action forms if discrepancies occur, in a timely manner.
- Attends all informational and team building meetings.
- Performs all other duties, as assigned.
Required Education, Training, Knowledge and Experience
- High school degree or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of two years of related back-of-house restaurant experience, preferable in fine dining.
- Working knowledge of all food groups, basic food preparation and basic kitchen tools (e.g., knives, juicer, stoves, ovens, refrigerator).
- Advanced working knowledge of safe food handling and related health codes.
- Basic knowledge of restaurant and food safety guidelines and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local laws and ordinances.
- Maintains current necessary state and federal required certifications.
Core Skills, Competencies, and Characteristics
- Must comprehend and clearly communicate in English, both written and verbally.
- Exceptional guest service skills to include the positive handling of guest and staff issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Effective problem-solving skills to detect changes in circumstances or events.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism and courteous demeanor.
- Effective multi-tasking skills to ensure a quick response to guest needs.
- Positive teamwork skills.
- Exceptional personal hygiene and positive representation of the organization to employees, guests and vendors.
General food service environment in which you may remain standing on your feet for up to six hours and may also be required to stoop, kneel, reach, lift and /or carry during the course of the work shift. This may require you to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. during the course of the work shift.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: Starting at $15.00 – $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safety and efficiently
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and sanitation
- Assist with the cleaning and organization of kitchen and equipment
- Restock items as needed throughout the shift
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes
- Only full-time employees eligible