Thu, Apr 22
OddFellows Ice Cream Co. General Manager
Jan 13 | OddFellows Ice Cream Co.
OddFellows Ice Cream Co. seeks a General Manager for their Chestnut Hill, MA location. Reporting to the Retail Director in Brooklyn, NY, the GM guides a team of 10-12 team members in peak season, leading with a singular focus on sharing the best possible ice cream experience with the world. An ideal
candidate brings a mixture of self-motivation and love of collaboration, constantly strives to improve processes for better outcomes, and a passion both for craft food and beverage and sharing that with their team and their community.
The General Manager is responsible for all day-to-day operations of their shop.
- Upholding brand, product, and shop cleanliness standards;
- Leading by example in service;
- Manage the monthly P&L to increase sales and minimize costs;
- Ensuring all financial and other administrative duties are completed accurately and promptly in accordance with company standards;
- Scheduling and weekly payroll;
- Hiring, onboarding, training, and performance reviews;
- Curating non-ice cream product mix, including non-alcoholic beverages, coffee, beer, wine and spirits, to offer an industry-leading beverage program (with the Retail Director);
- Inventory management and reporting;
- Ensuring all equipment is clean and in good working order through management of preventative maintenance schedule;
- Maintaining a safe, secure, hygienic environment through compliance with local Health Code, ServSafe standards, and company guidelines;
- Ensuring guest satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings.
- Well-qualified candidates have the following attributes:
- Has management experience or equivalent (2 years); restaurant or cafe management (and a knowledge and love of craft food and beverage) preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Loves positive teamwork and draws energy from others;
- Leads by example on every task and knows when and how to delegate;
- Is organized and takes ownership of their space and projects;
- Is detail-oriented and committed to relentless marginal improvement;
- Is motivated to drive sales creatively;
- Is calm under pressure and handles adversity well;
- Is ServSafe and TIPS certified;
- Understands what makes OddFellows special and is zealous about sharing it.
Must be able to lift 25 lbs (50 lbs with a partner) and stand for 4 hours.
- Competitive pay, paid time off, and holidays
- Bonus eligibility based on shop performance
- Opportunities for growth and progressive responsibility
- One takeaway tub of ice cream a week, plus a remarkable amount of free ice cream and employee discount on everything else we sell
Please send your cover letter and resume to the email address below. In the email, tell us if you’re a cup person or a cone person, or if you have no preference.
OddFellows Ice Cream Co. is a small-batch ice cream company with a compulsive creativity problem. Since opening our first shop in Brooklyn in 2013, we have concocted more than 500 wacky and weird flavors alongside reimagined and improved classics. Our ice cream is like driving 31 in a 25, honking the horn the entire time.
HOW TO APPLY